Carl Wilkens Fellows are charge with building political will in their communities for the anti-genocide movement. As a means of empowering this community-based political will building work throughout the Fellowship year, we require that our Fellows participate in the Program in the following specific ways – a set of requirements and a schedule designed to fit the lives of working professionals and community members:
- Attend two retreats at the beginning of the year in Los Angeles and mid-year in Washington D.C.
- Participate in 1+ monthly skills/knowledge building training video call
- Participate in monthly group networking call
- Complete 3 peer coaching conversations/year
- Complete 2 personal leadership assessments/year
- Complete their strategic leadership plan by close of the Fellowship year
Required Dates for the 2014 Class of CWf Fellows
- August 15-18, 2014: Inaugural Retreat in Los Angeles area
- February 27-March 2, 2015: Mid-Year Retreat in Washington D.C.
The mid-year retreat in Washington DC will include a March 2 lobby day. If you are a community partner and interested in participating in lobby day, please contact Katie-Jay at firstname.lastname@example.org.